Misadventures of a 20-Something Mom: "You should write a blog"   

Thursday, March 15, 2012

"You should write a blog"

I am surprised by how often I hear this from my mommy friends. Candidly, I think that if you have to google "how to start a blog", which I did, then you are far too uncool to write a blog. I know! That is unthinkable for a 20-something to admit, right? But I digress.

Anywho, so people tell me I should write a blog all the time. Either I am hysterically funny with a smashing personality... or, more likely, they just find pleasure in my many misadventures as a rookie mom. "Hey Sandra, did you hear what she did THIS week?"

Ya, I'm that mom. The perpetual fodder of mommy groups. My favorite is when someone tells me a story about what some crazy berzerko mom did, and the story is about me. You can't make this crap up. "Oh honey, don't feel bad. We all have our mommy moments." (Mind you this was over not returning an email quickly enough) "At least you aren't as bad as this one mom I heard about. She actually left her stroller in the parking lot the other day. I mean, the baby wasn't in it or anything..but the parking lot! Can you imagine? The police and the fire department had to come out because someone thought there was an abandoned baby in it! When she finally realized what had happened she had to go pick it up from the evidence department at the police station!" I smiled politely and admitted that the wacko mom was me. In all fairness, its my husband's job to load up the stroller..but "whatevs". Water under the bridge. Another chink in the fantastic mom armor. Anywho, that certainly put a damper on the conversation.

I guess that's what sets me apart. I swear that all moms must have moments like this, mind you I have a hell of a lot more of them. But I admit to them. I am no cop out. I'm new at this. I lost my parenting manual. Whatever. I have a ton of these moments and I have a few choices. My first choice is to  crawl into a hole and miserably pine away about how I will never be like Martha Stewart, June Cleaver or Supermom. Another option is to get up, dust myself (and potentially my baby) off, and laugh. I choose the latter. And because I do have that award-winning sense of humor, I choose to share these moments with other moms. So you guys can have a baseline to compare yourself with as well.

8 comments:

  1. I think we've all had our fair share of "mommy" moments.
    I've tried numerous times to unlock my house door with my electric car keys and I've thrown my son in the bath with his diaper on.
    However, leaving the stroller out in the middle of the parking lot is pretty good. I totally get what you mean it's your husband's job, because it's mine too. I'd probably drive off without it as well.
    I'm excited to read more from you! :)
    -Alyssa Atkins

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am slightly ashamed to admit I told a few of my friends the stroller story. Although I did it because I thought the response of the fire department and police was funny, not because I thought you were funny. I look forward to more mommy misadventures because I know each one solidifies your status as a Supermom even further!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No reason to be ashamed. I own my epic failures as a mother lol

      Delete
  3. I hear you! I'm prrrrretty sure that I have been the subject of many a mother's group as well... country wide. I am not joking. I have even been featured on Mama Drama Uncensored thanks to some of the haters out there. Screw them, my kids are cute, healthy, and happy. Unless you're spending more than five minutes with Rage Baby, but that's not because of terrible parenting, that's because she's an angst-ridden teenager at the tender age of ten months old. Keep on doin' what you're gonna do, worry about what works for your family and not what other people think should work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loaded all three of my kids in the car after my four year old had a meltdown in the parking lot of a shopping center. I too forgot to put the stroller in the car. Not only did I leave it in the parking lot, I backed into it with my car and knocked it over! The two old ladies walking past my car were HORRIFIED. I wonder if they would like to trade spots with me for a couple of days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have not doen the stroller thing..but did have my son fall asleep in car seat and was almost to work before realizing I did not stop off at daycre 2 exits back to drop him off! Visiting from the party! Had fun reading you post! http://3sonshavei.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've not only left my stroller in the parking lot I've left it behind the car and hit it--TWICE! I'm not ashamed (no kids were in it) I have a 4 year old and twin 1 year olds and I'm pregnant. It gives new meaning to the term "mommy brain" hahahahaha. So glad to hear I'm not the only one who has done that!!!

    ReplyDelete