Misadventures of a 20-Something Mom: 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FEATURING: Frosted Cookie Creations   

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FEATURING: Frosted Cookie Creations

Welcome to Day 5, of the Misadventures of a 20-something Mom, 12 Days of Christmas Extravaganza!!! The next 7 days will feature some of the most amazing and unique Mom-Based Products and Services on the web! Be sure to visit and "like" their facebook pages (Frosted Cookie Creations) as these businesses will be offering GIVEAWAYS & DISCOUNTS to every 20-something mom reader!





The 5th Day of Christmas brings us:

On top of being a Stay-at-home Mom of two, Michelle is the resident artist at this up and coming decorative keepsake business. After months of staring at the blank letters she had purchased for her children's rooms, always promising to finish them "tomorrow," Michelle had had enough. She poured some wine, lit a "frosted cookie" candle and got down to business. Whether it was the wine or the cookie-scented candle, we'll never know, but something magical happened that night. After posting photos of her work, her friends and family went crazy! Everyone wanted to know how they could get their hands on one of Michelle's unique pieces, and thus Frosted Cookie Creations was born.



 Frosted Cookie Creations specializes in turning unfinished wooden letters and frames into decorative mementos of your child's birth  Each item is hand painted and varnished to maintain the integrity of the piece. Pricing is set at $12 for a 9-12 inch letter or a 5x7 frame. There is no additional fee for personalization and customers can choose from an array of colors to customize their one-of-a-kind pieces.


I'll admit, I wasn't sold on the concept of this business at first. Technically speaking, just about anyone can slap some paint on a letter and call it a day. But when I was brutally honest with myself, I realized I was dead wrong.
 
My son is 16 months old and I still hadn't gotten around to decorating his nursery room letters. Just like the "thug" life, "mom" life is hard. Strenuous. Demanding. All-consuming. I guess I could have found time somewhere in there, but it most certainly would have cut into my writing or wine-guzzling time. Either of which would have been a travesty. And if I'm even more honest, I'll admit that my letters wouldn't have turned out half as cute as Michelle's did. I'm sorry to say that I have the handwriting of a four-year old boy..scratch that...a far-sighted four-year old boy.
With that being said, I am extremely pleased with the work of Frosted Cookie Creations. The letter is glossy, the fonts are fantastic and unique, and the color palette matches my son's room decor perfectly. The quality of Michelle's products simply astounded me and I look forward to hanging it, and pretending like I painted it, when my in-laws come over to visit. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your review! Please "like" my Facebook page for 20% off all orders and BOGO 1/2 off deals thru the month of December!

    ReplyDelete