Misadventures of a 20-Something Mom: 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FEATURING: Sassy Snatch Scrubs & Butterfly Bliss Naturals   

Monday, December 3, 2012

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS FEATURING: Sassy Snatch Scrubs & Butterfly Bliss Naturals

Welcome to Day 3, of the Misadventures of a 20-something Mom, 12 Days of Christmas Extravaganza!!! The next 9 days will feature some of the most amazing and unique Mom-Based Products and Services on the web! Be sure to visit and "like" their facebook pages (here and here.) as these businesses will be offering GIVEAWAYS & DISCOUNTS to every 20-something mom reader!

The 3rd Day of Christmas brings us:
 
A DOUBLE FEATURE!!!

 
 &
 
First up, is Butterfly Bliss Naturals.  Owner and operator, Leah, is a stay at home mom to three gorgeous kids who served as inspiration for her recent business venture. While pregnant with her third child, Leah began researching information on the Eco-Friendly movement, in order to establish a healthier lifestyle for her and her family. She was astounded by how saturated the market was with products that contained harmful synthetics, chemicals, and compounds. Leah was further disturbed to find that even products labeled as "safe & natural" often harbored these dangerous ingredients.
Leah wanted to ensure her family's health and safety, but with a family of five to support, she was discouraged by the high price tags of available, organic products. After carefully researching various product ingredients, "natural" alternatives, and packaging options, Leah set out to create a line of safe, quality ingredients at an affordable price. After family and friends went wild over her products, Leah set up shop and Butterfly Bliss Naturals was born.
 
 
Leah's product line now includes Body Butter and Scrubs, Bath Fizzies, Lip Balms, Renewing Eye Serum, Handcrafted Soaps, and Mineral Eye Shadows. Her products are modestly priced and range from $3-$12. The line contains earth-friendly ingredients like dried fruit powder, spices (such as cinnamon, paprika, turmeric) coffee, oatmeal, olive oil, and various other 100% essential oils. While Butterfly Bliss Naturals prides itself on the aforementioned eco-friendly ingredients, they are equally proud of what you WON'T find in their products. (Namely Parabens, Phthalates, Paraffin, Propylene Glycol, Mineral Oil, Synthetic Fragrance, PABA, Synthetic Colors, DEA, or Sulfates.) Put simply, there is nothing in their products that you can't pronounce!


I got the opportunity to review Leah's most popular lip balm, "Orange Ya Tangy", and instantly fell in love! The orange-tangerine scent was noticeable, but not overpowering, and the balm applied easily and provided a delightfully smooth finish. I was surprised by how much longer one application of this lip balm lasted, as compared to conventional "chap sticks" on the market. In addition to being an excellent, quality product, I had the added assurance that my baby would not be exposed to any harmful chemicals when I covered him with his bedtime kisses that night. <3


****Next at bat, is Sassy Snatch Scrubs. *****
 
Carla Hughes is the mad mom-genius behind Sassy Snatch Scrubs!  They say necessity is the mother of invention and this self-described "loudmouth with a highly inappropriate sense of humor" would probably tend to agree with that. In December of 2011, money was so tight that Carla found herself struggling to be able to provide gifts for her friends and family. Instead of giving up, Carla got  creative. She whipped up some homemade sugar scrubs, packaged them in recycled baby food jars, and added personalized labels. Her gifts were such a hit that she created an entire line of sassy, customizable scrubs. Fortunately, her business has grown considerably and she no longer uses her daughter's recycled baby food jars as packaging! 
 
 

Carla's product line now includes a variety of scented scrubs such as Lavendar, Lemon, Vanilla Sugar, Peppermint, Clove, Eucalyptus Spearmint, Coconut, Pepermint, Tangerine, and Mocha. All of which can be used on any area of the body, despite what the sassy line name might imply! Customers can customize their labels for no additional fee, opt for traditional labeling, or choose "naughty" phrases like "Santa's Booty Scrub," "Take off your Cloves," or "Jingle Tingle Twat."
 

 
Sassy Snatch Scrubs are handcrafted to order and are made from the highest quality ingredients including essential oils, vitamin E rich carrier oils, and all natural vegetable glycerin. The scrubs come in various sizes and are packaged in a signature cobalt blue jar, with weatherproof, laser printed, customizable labeling. Pricing starts at $3.75 for trial sizes and rises to $10-18 for the larger (8-16 oz.) jars; significantly less than one would pay at local bath and body stores and boutiques.

The aforementioned, dazzling owner of Sassy Snatch Scrubs, Carla, sent me the Peppermint Body Scrub to try out. For the purposes of this particular review, I thought I'd let my snatch do the talking...so here goes:
_______________________________________________________________________
"Hey there! :::Waves enthusiastically::: (Well as much as a snatch can wave) As you might know, I am the 20-something mom's snatch. A.K.A. Her hoo-ha, vag, va-jay-jay, love muffin, bearded clam, and/or panty hamster. As they say, a rose by any other name, smells just as sweet.
The boss lady asked me to review this so-called Snatch Scrub and I got to admit, I was hesitant. She hasn't exactly been keeping up with the lady garden landscaping, and I was worried I'd have bits of peppermint stuck in this chia-pet-like hair for weeks. However, I was pleasantly surprised.

The scrub smelled fantastic, went on easily, and left behind a delightful tingle in all the right places. I was instantly smitten. Frankly, I kind of wanted to hoard the stuff all to myself, but the boss lady insisted on trying it out on non-ladybits real estate too. The scrub gently exfoliated and moisturized; leaving me clean and soft and ready for action. From one snatch to another, I highly recommend this product line." ;)

 
 
 

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha I love the Sassy Snatch Product Review. You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lololol cracked me up! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do believe my sister in laws will be getting some of their products for Christmas. Super excited to try them out myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love! I totally have a goal of buying at least half (hopefully more!) Christmas gifts from small businesses and i haaaaave to get some of this stuff for my girlfriends! You are hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the review! I've been using Carla's scrub for almost a year now. My entire family loves it! Just ordered my husband his first jar for Christmas as I caught him snitching mine. And I don't share well. My tween loves using hers on her legs after she shaves. I got her first jar as a coming of age gift. Thanks to Carla I'm the coolest mom ever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. See, kids? Its not just me! This shit is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S. And by Bananas, I mean, A-MAZE-BALLS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My snatch has been sassy for over a year now thanks to these wonderful products... I'm SO glad I was one of those lucky recipients of the gifts last holiday season... and proud to call this rude inappropriate business owner one of my closest partners in crime! One day there will be snatch tv... you all just wait ;)

    Also, I have to say the Sage & Citrus soap from BBL is THE BOMB!!! I need to order more now that I think of it...

    ReplyDelete