Misadventures of a 20-Something Mom: 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: How Scentsy Products Got Me All Hot & Bothered   

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS: How Scentsy Products Got Me All Hot & Bothered

Welcome to Day 4, of the Misadventures of a 20-something Mom, 12 Days of Christmas Extravaganza!!! The next 8 days will feature some of the most amazing and unique Mom-Based Products and Services on the web! Be sure to join the facebook event page(here.) as these businesses will be offering GIVEAWAYS & DISCOUNTS to every 20-something mom reader!
The 4th Day of Christmas brings us:

 

Scentsy Products by Candace Lynn. I have heard tons of hype about these products and was oober curious, but far too cheap to shell out any dough to try them. Fortunately, I know a very gracious, young lady offered to let me take her products on a proverbial test ride.

I'd be lying if I told you I don't already have a bit of a fragrance fetish. I have about a gazillion AirWick and Glade gadgets that are constantly spritzing/blinding my husband as he meanders passed. For obvious reasons, my husband hates them. Aside from the pure, unadulterated, child-like joy I attain from watching the air fresheners attack him, I have always been a bit disappointed in my gadgets. They tend to smell amazing...for all of 10 seconds after they spray...and then I am plunged back into the reality of living with two stinky ogres boys. I have tried the oil plug-ins too, but the scent just doesn't disperse like I want it to.

As with all direct sales products, I was skeptical about the Scentsy merchandise. Scentsy prides itself as "a safe, wickless alternative to scented candles." They also carry a meltable fondue line (Velata), but I worried that it would all boil down to a bunch of overpriced crap; a business built on taking advantage of countless unsuspecting women and their friends. The typical pyramid scheme. While I cannot speak for the business aspects, as I am not affiliated, I can say with confidence that the Scentsy products themselves are A-MAZE-BALLS. And if you read the title of this post, you know that I got more than I bargained for with these products! So sit tight..

As I lay here right now, my entire bedroom is filled with the warm and delicious smell of Cinnamon and Clove. It's funny how different scents can paint different pictures in your mind. How one smell can energize and motivate and yet another can tranquilize and relax you. This Cinnamon & Clove scent makes me feel like I am cozied up by the fire somewhere, nursing a mug of hot cocoa, and lackadaisically flipping through the pages of a favorite worn novel. It's a very calming and comfortable scent.

On the other hand, earlier when I was diligently smelling every single scent currently available from Scentsy (what I won't do for you people!), I came across the "Scentsy Man" collection and was...shall we say...far from relaxed. Alright. I'll own it. I may just be the only woman on earth who has ever been turned on by... the smell of a candle. I adore most of the alleged "manly" scents, but Zephyr was by far my favorite. Forget about cozying up with a novel, this scent reaks of sexy, college frat boy. I'm convinced that there are hidden pheromones in these things, because the smell made me want to jump my husband's bones and work on being a 20-something mom of 2! Seriously, if there are any men reading this, this is a win-win Christmas stocking stuffer if you know what I mean. ;)

Scentsy has a ridiculous amount of scents to choose from; I think close to 100! (Eat that Airwick!)  The various scents are categorized into divergent themes such as "Corner Cafe," "Fall & Winter," "Favorites," "Romance," "Scentsy Man," "Seven Seas," and "Spa." OBVIOUSLY, smell is subjective and varies from person to person, so I am certainly not going to front like I fell in love with every one of them. In fact, there are some scents that are downright awful smelling. "Garden of Love" and "Echo" are both supposed to be sexy scents; one had a grandma-esque aroma and the other smelled just like my dad. I don't know about you, but there's nothing sexy about either of those to me. I also couldn't quite wrap my head around the "Newborn Nursery" scent. In all fairness, it is spot on. It smells just like diaper rash ointment and clean diapers, but I can get that for free. Amalfi Coast and Coconut Lemongrass were also pretty lame sauce in my book. However, I only truly disliked 5 of the company's 100ish fragrances. That is a pretty good success rate, especially given how finicky I am. While the hubbie fell head over heels for the "French Toast" and "Clean Breeze" samples, I had a miserably hard time trying to narrow down a list of my favorites, so here are my top 20 Scentsy Scents:

1) Honey Pear Cider
2) Clove & Cinnamon
3) Love My home: Arguably, my home usually smells more like dirty diapers and dirty dishes, but I love this scent nonetheless.
4) Zephyr: This is the one that got me all hot and bothered!
5) Hemingway: Another oober Romantic scent
6) Luna: Know that deliciously enticing smell of a freshly drawn bath? This is like that, only better.
7) Black Raspberry Vanilla
8) Eskimo Kiss: Fresh, light, and playful. Makes me think of freshly washed baby hair.
9) Black Ruby
10) Cinnamon Vanilla
11) Love Story
12) Mediterranean Spa: Just like you'd expect. Light, Fresh, and Clean.
13) Pumpkin Marshmallow
14) RUN2 Me?: Super Sexy Scent
15) Paradise Punch: Reminds me of kool-aid and 4th of July barbecues
16) Amber Road
17) Blueberry Cheesecake
18) Quiver
19) Enchanted Mist: If you were ever transported into a fairytale, this is what it would smell like.
20) Central Park Praline

By now you know I wouldn't steer you wrong. This stuff really DOES smell fantastic and if you pick the right scent, it just might improve your sex life! ;)


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your great and honest review :) I, too, was skeptical and cheap at first too. But I quickly realized what a great value this product is and there are some things I am willing to invest in. I no longer buy candles... but I'm addicted to this stuff!! I am not a pushy salesperson type at all, and I quit another direct selling business because they wanted me to do things I wasn't comfortable with. Yet, I wanted income to help me stay home with my newborn twin girls. This is absolutely the ticket!! I love the product, the company and team members, and the customers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Join my facebook event just for this blog and/or contact me to see what fantastic specials I am running. Get your Christmas shopping finished with ease, personal shopping assistance, free gift wrapping -- who knows, you might find a little something extra for yourself in the deal??!! :)

    http://www.facebook.com/events/225937677538363/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Scentsy Consultant and I'm going to share this on my wall LoL
    I get SO tired of hearing "well I can buy bigger and cheaper at Walmart". Well guess what lady, you are missing out, and I hate closed minded people like you!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete