Misadventures of a 20-Something Mom: I don't know about you, but I'm feeling like I'm 2! (Under the Sea Party)   

Monday, July 22, 2013

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling like I'm 2! (Under the Sea Party)

As the baby's 2nd birthday rolled around, I began the party planning process. If I had the common sense God gave a walnut, I probably would have gone the "birthday in a box" route this year. Party planning while pregnant is difficult enough...but add a mischievous toddler to the mix and its practically impossible! Alas, I have never been much of a logical being! So, I set out to create a custom Under the Sea themed party for my precious, little guy. He is obsessed with turtles and other sea life, so the theme kind of chose itself.

My husband, being the smart guy that he is, had me set a strict budget this year. (Last year may have gotten a bit out of hand with all the first birthday hubbub!) And I, being the awesome-sauce wife that I am, actually abided by it!

I learned a lot from the party planning saga last year. This year I knew it was best to keep the menu as simple as possible, and avoid trying to prepare anything myself! I ordered plenty of platters from our local grocery store, and ordered the cake & cookies from an awesome local baker. This all ensured that everyone enjoyed the food and I avoided unnecessary stress!

Special Thanks to my husband for helping me set-up this birthday extravaganza & the amazing vendors that made everything possible. (Crumby Art, Chickabug Paper & Printables, & Just Like Mom's Baked Goods)



Outside Signage (Chickabug Paper & Printables)
Birthday Cake (Just Like Mom's Baked Goods)

Side View of Buffet    
                      Handmade Jellyfish                                            Table Settings
                                                            Crumby Art Fondant Cupcake Toppers
 
    Godiva Truffles & Turtle Cake Pops   


          Candy Buffet



                       
                          

                                                              


       Cardboard Shark for Photo Ops!
 

1 comment: